MKSD is Hiring!
MKSD is seeking forward-thinking problem solvers with dynamic big ideas to join our team!
A critical part of MKSD’s success is our talented staff members who believe in and live out the MKSD core values: perseverance, selflessness, passion, forward thinking, honesty and progressive thinking.
As a team, we have built a creative culture where everyone is valued, included and empowered. Our values are translated to each client and imbedded in our projects with the purpose of enhancing life. Our practice creates meaningful projects, from transformative renovations to highly complex buildings. Each project’s solution is tailored to the individual needs of our clients and encompasses all phases of planning, design and construction.
Our ideal candidate would share in our passion and is highly motivated, skilled and committed with a positive attitude! Our team currently has an opening for the following positions:
Architectural Project Designer l Intern – MKSD is seeking a team-oriented and hardworking Project Designer, or experienced architectural designer who is competent in all conventional aspects of architecture and interiors. Architectural designer shall be on the path to licensure. Candidates should have a college degree in the field of Architecture (BArch or MArch) or a related building design discipline and 3-5 years of working experience.
Architectural Interns will work under the direction and guidance of a licensed architect / project manager in various activities related to business development, design, and project deliverables. The position requires teamwork and a willingness to learn and develop a high-level skill set in the architectural field.
Candidates should be proficient in the use of computer software, including but not limited to Autodesk Revit Architecture, AutoCAD Architecture, Adobe Photoshop, and InDesign. Candidates must be able to perform the following tasks in their job function:
- Perform pre-design activities – site and building surveys, draft floor plan backgrounds in BIM, project research
- Perform routine architectural assignments in all phases of the project delivery process,
- Independently solve problems encountered whenever possible – confirming results with the project architect or partner in charge,
- Participate in the architectural design process,
- Develop presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client or for agency approval,
- Create three-dimensional building information models and two-dimensional construction documentation,
- Receive technical guidance on unusual or complex issues,
- Assist with the lead architect on technical details,
- Assist with the development and completion of construction drawings,
- Perform redline changes and revisions,
- Assist with development of project specifications,
- Participate in the review of product or shop drawing submittals during the construction phase,
- Organize and maintain project files,
- Innovate with sustainable products and sustainable architectural approaches and initiatives
- Communicate effectively with the firm partners, staff, consultants, and clients
Project Manager l Architect – MKSD is seeking a talented and forward-thinking Project Manager/Architect to join our team. PM/ RA shall be a registered architect. Candidates should have a college degree in the field of Architecture (BArch or MArch) or a related building design discipline and 8-15 years of working experience.
As a Project Manager at MKSD, you will enjoy opportunities for innovation, design, client interaction, and direct collaboration with project team members from architectural and other engineering disciplines. Responsibilities include:
- Team leadership, and overseeing the production and coordination of several projects concurrently;
- Conducting schematic design, design development and contract document work sessions in conjunction with clients, project staff, and representatives from other disciplines;
- Preparing technical drawings and specifications to ensure that our projects conform to specifications, codes, standards, and client requirements;
- Coordinating with both architecture and engineering team members to deliver an integrated set of documents across all contracted disciplines;
- Working with BIM model for integration and coordination of building systems and distribution;
- Establishing good client relationships and coordinating with outside consultants;
- Participating in marketing, contractual, design and production meetings;
- Coordinating with the Partner in Charge for project reviews; and
- Acting as a mentor for less experienced Project Designers.
MKSD architects is an Architectural Design Firm. MKSD architects’ services are comprehensive and encompass all phases of planning, design, and construction for new buildings, additions, and renovations and includes interior design and furniture specification.
Our practice experience includes Health Care and Higher Educational Facilities with architectural specialists leading those highly specialized project types. Our portfolio is rounded out with K-12 projects including private, public and charter; recreational facilities; municipal facilities; religious facilities; commercial buildings and fitouts; retail and hospitality facilities; and office buildings and spaces.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send resume and work examples to:
Jill P. Hewes, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB, Partner | MKSD architects email@example.com