College and University
Northampton Community College Spartan Center
The Northampton Community College Spartan Center, designed for students, faculty, and staff to pursue health, fitness, and overall wellness, is the center of campus life.
The 43,000 sq. ft. addition is organized on a main north/south circulation spine. The spine’s center is an open 4,000 sq. ft. multi-use gallery that can be utilized for many College functions and activities.
All of the Spartan Center’s main spaces, which include the gym, Athletic Faculty offices, Fitness Center, locker rooms, and concession stand, open onto this large central gallery area. This area naturally lit by skylights feels like an outdoor plaza.
The Program features:
- Triple gym courts with bleacher seating for 1,000
- 4,000 sq. ft. Fitness Center
- 3,000 sq. ft. open-concept Gallery/multi-use space
- Multiuse group fitness rooms
- Snack bar and dining area
- Athletic faculty offices with a conference room
- Support spaces that include storage, locker rooms, toilet rooms, stairs, and a new elevator
- Location: Bethlehem, PA
- Client: Northampton Community College