Seeking Architectural Intern
MKSD architects is looking for an entry level architectural intern who is competent, team-oriented and hardworking. Candidates should have a college degree in the field of Architecture (BArch or MArch).
Architectural Interns will work under the direction and guidance of a licensed architect / project manager in various activities related to business development, design, and project deliverables. The position requires teamwork and a willingness to learn and develop a high level skill set in the architectural field.
Candidates should be proficient in the use of computer software, including but not limited to Autodesk Revit Architecture, AutoCAD Architecture, Adobe Photoshop, and InDesign. Candidates must be able to perform the following tasks in their job function:
- Perform pre-design activities – site and building surveys, draft floor plan backgrounds in BIM, project research
- Perform routine architectural assignments in all phases of the project delivery process,
- Independently solve problems encountered whenever possible – confirming results with the project architect or partner in charge,
- Participate in the architectural design process,
- Develop presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client or for agency approval,
- Create three-dimensional building information models and two-dimensional construction documentation,
- Receive technical guidance on unusual or complex issues,
- Assist with the lead architect on technical details
- Assist with the development and completion of construction drawings,
- Perform redline changes and revisions,
- Assist with development of project specifications,
- Participate in the review of product or shop drawing submittals during the construction phase,
- Organize and maintain project files,
- Innovate with sustainable products and sustainable architectural approaches and initiatives
- Communicate effectively with the firm partners, staff, consultants, and clients.
Candidates may submit applications in the form of cover letter, resume, and samples of work via our web site at www.mksdarchitects.com.
Please only submit PDF files, max. 10MB.