1.1 PROJECT INFORMATION
A. Notice to Bidders: Qualified bidders are invited to submit bids for Project as described in this Document according to the Instructions to Bidders.
B. Project Identification: Renovations and New Elevator, Collegium Charter School. MKSD Project No. 13.126.
C. Project Location: Collegium Charter School, 515 James Hance Court, Exton, PA 19341
D. Owner: Collegium Charter School.
1. Owner’s Representative: Bill Winters, CEO
E. Architect: MKSD Architects, LLC, 1209 Hausman Road, Suite A, Allentown, PA 18104.
F. Project Description: Project consists of exterior and interior renovations to the existing building, including demolition, infilling existing windows and overhead doors, creating new classrooms and miscellaneous supporting spaces, new elevator shaft, work also includes plumbing, HVAC, and electrical work.
G. Construction Contract: Bids will be received for the following Work:
1. Multiple Contract Project consisting of the following prime contracts:
a. General Construction #13.126.1
b. Plumbing #13.126.2
c. Mechanical HVAC #13.126.3
d. Electrical #13.126.4
1.2 BID SUBMITTAL AND OPENING
A. Owner will receive sealed bids plainly marked on the outside with “Administration Renovations- Bid Package #____”, until the bid time and date at the location indicated below. Owner will consider bids prepared in compliance with the Instructions to Bidders issued by Owner, and delivered as follows:
1. Bid Date: Thursday, June 6, 2013.
2. Bid Time: 2:00 p.m., local time.
3. Location: Collegium Charter School, 150 Oaklands Boulevard, Exton, Pennsylvania 19341 c/o Bill Winters, CEO.
B. Bids will be thereafter publicly opened and read aloud.
Renovation & New Elevator Invitation to Bid
Collegium Charter School 00100-2
MKSD Project No. 13.126
1.3 BID SECURITY
A. Bid security shall be submitted with each bid in the amount of 10 percent of the bid amount. No bids may be withdrawn for a period of 60 days after opening of bids. Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive informalities and irregularities.
1.4 PREBID CONFERENCE
A. A pre-bid conference for all bidders will be held at Collegium Charter School, 515 James Hance Court, Exton, PA Thursday, May 30 , 2013 at 2:00 p.m., local time. Prospective bidders are encouraged to attend.
A. Printed Procurement and Contracting Documents: Obtain after May 22, 2013 by visiting the architect’s website, www.mksdarchitects.com.
1. To be recognized as a valid bidder, bid documents for this project (including any specifications and drawings) must be purchased and downloaded from the Architects website at www.mksdarchitects.com. Due to the possible inaccuracies in documents procured from other sources, and the potential for an incomplete understanding of the project scope of work, bids submitted by firms who procure these documents from any other source but the authorized source will be considered non-responsive and will be rejected.
B. Deposit: Non-refundable $150.00
C. All questions and inquiries should be forwarded to MKSD Architects.
1.6 TIME OF COMPLETION AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
A. Bidders shall begin the Work on receipt of the Notice to Proceed and shall complete the Work within the Contract Time. Work is subject to liquidated damages.
1.7 BIDDER’S QUALIFICATIONS
A. Bidders must be properly licensed under the laws governing their respective trades and be able to obtain insurance and bonds required for the Work. A Performance Bond, a separate Labor and Material Payment Bond, and Insurance in a form acceptable to Owner will be required of the successful Bidder.